Fire in Department Store.

Residents of Widdlehole were alarmed early one morning this week when they spotted a fire in the Bindles Store in the centre of town.

“I couldn’t believe it” said Justin Palmer of Arthur Shillin Court. “A fire, this time of year?”

We telephoned Bindles and asked their manager Harold O’hanrahanrahan for a comment but they were closed. So we called back during their normal opening hours (Mon-Fri 9am – 5pm, 8am – 6pm Saturday and 10am to 4pm Sundays, with half day closing on the 2nd and 4th Wednesday of the month except in April when it’s the 1st and 3rd Wednesday due to religious reasons).

Harold O’hanrahanrahan told us 

“While it may seem early, we are expecting an earlier cold spell this winter and decided to put up our display of heaters and fireplaces a few weeks early.”

Do pop into Bindles for all your electric and calor gas heating requirements, and please remember there is no smoking allowed near the gas canistors in the wire cage outside the store.